First things first, I suppose a little introduction is in order. They usually make me uncomfortable but since we don’t have to guess who is going to go first this should be a little easier. Besides, there is nothing in this world I know more about than myself, the hard part will be keeping this short and sweet. I am 30 years old, and I just discovered a few weeks ago that I have Asperger's Syndrome. In the grand scheme of things this doesn’t change anything, I’m still exactly the same person I was before I figured out why I am so different, and yet at the microscopic level at which I examine myself it’s monumental. This has given me something I have searched my whole life for, perspective. I have found my voice. I hope to help others find theirs. Welcome to my world.

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Sometimes...

The unexplainable happens, and you are struck by a force so strong you are left reeling in its wake, hoping you survive the impact.

The soul makes a leap before the mind is ready, and the confusion this creates blows apart some of the things you thought you understood.

The subconscious wakes up, and starts effecting changes in your life, unbeknownst to the conscious mind.

Dreams aren’t really dreams at all, but silver threads that guide you to the healing that you need, tangible only in that space between sleep and wake.

The bits of evil that lurk in the shadows of your spirit are the only things keeping you sane, and forcing your heart to keep beating.

Its harder to embrace hope than defeat, happiness than sadness, comfort than pain.

Even though all the signs are pointing in one direction, the only way to get where you are going is to go the other way.

The things that hurt the most are the things that are worth the most.

Every time you answer a question it opens a door, and behind every door is a room full of questions.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i will follow Your writings where ever they lead, You have a friend in me...................princess_tiara4me